February 3, 2007 4 Comments
Ok I think I’ve got it now. Here’s how I did it:
- Install Bogofilter
- Remove the spamassassin plugin. Disabling it is not enough, I had to dorm /usr/lib/evolution/2.8/plugins/org-gnome-sa-junk-plugin.eplugI noticed this problem when running evolution from command line, which spits out a warning that one plugin couldn’t be loaded because another one is already installed. Pretty stupid bug if you ask me.
- Feed bogofilter with some spam (that’s the easy part, simply mark at least one incoming spam mail as such) and some ham (that’s a little tricky because all mail initially comes into the inbox. I did this to learn one random mail from my inbox:cd .email@example.com/folders/INBOX
bogofilter -n 9999.
Now it seems to at least do something. Lets see how it works out when the filter is trained better.
Today I’ve been working a little more on Jamaica’s WindML implementation for BufferedImage, which is shaping up nicely now. ARGB8888 is now quite fast (not accelerated by the hardware though) as is ARGB1555 (this one’s hardware supported but not really accelerated as it’s represented in the generic memory pool). The missing pieces are RGB565 images and VolatileImage for the real accelerated stuff in video memory. Somehow I enjoy doing close-to-the-hardware stuff.